2012 Environment Policy
The surfactants that we manufacture are used in a wide range of fields such as cosmetics and toiletries and contribute to the enrichment of people's lives and culture. The sustenance of the earth's resources is a challenge affecting all individuals and organizations globally, and we strive to play our part by providing environmentally-friendly products and by building awareness about various aspects of sustainability.
- We will set an environmental goal and perform periodic review it in order to achieve reductions in pollution and increased resource savings.
- We will periodically review the environmental effects caused by business activities in our factory, and we strive to continuously improve our environmental management systems in order to reduce our impact on the environment.
- We will faithfully comply with all environment-related laws and regulations as well as any other requirements to which our factory has agreed.
- We will keep all our employees informed of this Environment Policy and also disclose this policy to the public.
- Reducing Dependence on Limited Resources
- Alternative to petroleum-based feedstocks with plant-derived materials used for esters.
Environmental Approach Involving Regional Cooperation
- Moroccon Argan Oil
- Extract from the seed of the fruit of the Argan tree naturally found only in southwest Morocco. Argan oil is well-known for its use in high-quality cosmetics and other cleansing oils.
Argan seed products have resulted in further planting of Argan trees, providing local workers with a livelihood and contributing to the conservation of Argan forests in areas facing the threat of desertification.
Our Approach to "Challenge 25"
- Declaration for Challenge 25
- "Challenge 25" is the slogan currently promoted by the Japanese government to protect both the global environment and the natural environment in Japan to be passed down to future generations. Nikko Chemicals will continue to work towards a sustainable future built upon energy and resource conservation in our business and public service activities.